While Madison's surgery (post below) was scheduled for Oct 15, it's been postponed until next Monday. Her local medical team has performed all due diligence, collaborating with their peers at Mass General in Boston, the second opinion. We have a lot of faith in Madi's local team and coincidentally the local plastic surgeon did her residency at MGH.
Unfortunately they will likely need to do a tracheostomy, which means two things: She won't be able to talk (thank God for small dry erase boards) for 3-4 days while the tube is in, and she'll have yet another scar between her collar bones.
The repair plan: Remove the titanium plate, then to remove tissue from her forearm and use that and an artery to patch the hole with viable living tissue.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, they're greatly appreciated! We'll post updates and milestones as they occur.