Soooo, visitors... allowed, does she want them? It depends on the timing. Madi requests that there are no pop-in's, but text her. If she doesn't reply, she's asleep (so no : ) If she feels yucky and doesn't reply, trust that it's not personal, she loves you too, just rotten timing. Any questions, text or email her dad or Angela during the day/evening, or mom nights. Unfortunately flowers are not allowed given her recent chemo.
Still hospitalized, the newest updates will be at the top:
- Tuesday Aug 8, 9:30 AM: The pain management specialist's plan was a success. Taking her off morphine and adding the med that blocks nerve pain along with two other pain meds worked well last night. While the pain seemed to increase over the past 24 hours, adding a a touch of this and sprinkle of that resulted a decent nights sleep considering where she's at.
- Monday Aug 7, 9:00 PM update: Madi's pain has increased over the past day and we met with a pain management specialist this evening. He has a plan to increase her meds without risking other issues. The physician also added a nerve pain-blocking agent that taken as-needed before, seemed to really help. Team Madison is by her side 24x7... not because she needs it but to be there to just sit and chat, not chat, or just sit quietly and watch TV with her.
- Monday Aug 7, 1:00 PM: Nothing noteworthy to report, sleep in hospitals is evasive in general. A knock on the door, a "hello, sorry... can I come in", the lights go full-bright and they draw blood.... when it's still dark outside. It makes sense, the doctors want to see the reports before then do morning rounds but dang, just plain noisy and unsettling even in the best hospitals with the best nurses.
- Sunday Aug 6, 5:30 PM update: No changes, she napping off and on, watches some TV, fiddles with her phone, and reads a magazine to ease the boredom while pummeling her with IV antibiotics.
- Sunday Aug 6, 11:00 AM: still incarcerated. Her spirits are fairly good considering the situation. They did hint at maybe keeping her until Tuesday :-(
- Saturday Aug 5, 9:00 PM update: No changes... they're still planning on discharging her on Monday.
- Saturday Aug 5 1:00 PM: Madi's mostly been snoozing, a good thing. She was awake for a bit and seemed in fairly decent spirits... comfortable being hospitalized (versus hating it). As she said last night, "it's not my first rodeo". She's a very gracious young woman, very kind to the staff here and kind in general. She told a joke a few days ago that's a great "ya get what ya get" reminder. On an imaginary menu: "Coffee, black" costs $2.99. "Coffee please" is $1.99. "Hi, good morning! May I please have a cup of coffee" costs 99 cents.
- Friday night: hospitalized for IV fluids to treat pneumonia.
The Jones Family