Radio Oncology has agreed to refer out Proton Radiation and the paperwork is being processed, a happy thing.
Monday 11/4/13 appointment with Medical Oncology: They're awaiting Mass General's written recommendation to determine whether chemo is necessary. If so, would it be referred out or administered locally. On that, it will -not- likely be IV chemo, but pill form... another happy thing.
Neurosurgery would have to refer out as well. If they can't perform what the specialists can, and if it's an acceptable medical procedure that has data to support specialized treatment. Neurosurgery is awaiting a written treatment road map from Mass as well. That said...
Madi has a consultation with Mass General in Boston on Nov 14, 2013. Mom, Dad, and Madi will be meeting with the chordoma experts to learn the specific treatment recommendations and associated timelines. Stay tuned!